Holllaaahhhh for being single! Now is when Single Ladies goes on blast. 🎶🎶
It really feels like I’ve been single for longer than I have because I feel like I’ve grown so much since the breakup. If you’re new to the single life, it might be beneficial for you to check out these affirmations for a broken heart. I’m all about affirmations and self-help and they really helped me see things differently and in a more positive light.
So now that I’ve been living the *glorious* single life for a little while, I’m here to chat about what I’ve been loving about it. Because really there’s so many awesome things about the single life! So let’s embrace it and talk about the best things about being single! 💃
1. You have time to really learn about yourself. I swear these single months have taught me so much about myself! At first I hated being alone because I felt super lonely. Now, however, I love using that time to figure out what I love to do and having fun doing things that fuel me.
Related Post: A look back at 2017 -If you missed this post, I reflected back on what all happened this year and how much I’ve changed and grown.
2. Never have to worry about sharing a bed. This one doesn’t really pertain to me since I currently still live with the ‘rents, but if you ever had to cohabit you’ll understand how awesome this would be. Right now, I couldn’t even imagine sharing my Tomorrow king-size bed with anyone. Especially because I sleep right in the middle so there’s no room for anyone else.
3. You can wear your Uggs and not have to worry about a guy judging. There is nothing I or my feet love more on a freezing cold winter day than my Ugg boots. My ex HATED my Ugg boots and I know that many other guys aren’t fans either. But guess what?? Now that I’m single I couldn’t care less what other people think of me when I’m pretty much walking on clouds.
4. You don’t have to consider anyone else but yourself when making plans. My favorite thing is making plans for whatever, whenever and not having to consider someone else or worry about conflicting plans.
5. You can hang out with your friends whenever you want. Remember those friends you barely saw when you were in a relationship? Welp, now you have all the time in the world to devote to them. Helllloooo girls nights!
6. You can have that wine and Netflix binge Friday night without fear of being judged. Judge me all you want, but my favorite Fridays involve a glass (okay a bottle) of wine, Netflix, my bed, and quite possibly crashing around 9 pm. Go ahead, be jealous.
7. Or you can lay in bed all weekend binging New Girl or Riverdale and no one’s opinions matter. YOU GUYS. I have been binging Netflix shows like crazy recently and don’t care who knows it. I was sick one weekend and watched the entire season of Riverdale all in one weekend. I may or may not have restarted it…no shame. And if you’re looking for a funny show to watch, you HAVE to see New Girl. It’s seriously so so so funny. This chicken scene in the first couple episodes got me to fall in love with the show.
8. Watching any kind of reality tv without complaints. You know what? Sometimes you just need those shows that allow you to go braindead. And if BRAVO makes us happy, what’s the problem?!
9. You’re not forced to compromise when it comes to music in the car. When it comes to music, whether I’m driving or not, I like to be in control of the music. And now I can listen to country music til my heart’s content and don’t have to listen to anyone bitch about it.
PS- Make sure you scroll all the way down to check out the awesome playlist I made for you 🙂
10. And best of all: not having to compromise on food choices. So when you want to get that Panera or whatever the heck you desire, you don’t have to negotiate on options so you both are happy. And eating alone is actually quite peaceful.
11. Hellllllooooo No Shave November. Okay let’s be real… No Shave Winter. Let’s be real. I haaaaaate shaving. It just pisses me off when I take the time to shave only to get out and goosebumps make it look like you never tried. So annoying. So now I just avoid shaving like the plague.
12. Christmas means you can spend more money on gifts for yourself. Y’all this past Christmas was just so much fun because I hit up all the sales and bought all the things I wanted for myself. So girl, if you want that thing, BUY IT.
13. Two words: farting freely. I don’t think I really need to explain this one.
14. You don’t have to “discuss” getting a tattoo with anyone before getting it. Yeah, I know that your body is your body and you can do whatever the heck you want with it. But let’s be real, if you’re with someone who has a strong opinion against tattoos, you might probably reconsider. So now that you’re single, go get that thing! and if someone doesn’t like it, well then who the eff cares?
15. Your parents and friends will actually tell you what they think of your ex. This is one that I’ll never really understand, because I want my loved ones to tell me what they think, when they feel it. However, when the breakup happens, or even weeks or months after, you end up hearing what people really thought of your ex. Come on guys, why couldn’t you tell us sooner?!
16. Bumble and Tinder. Okay so maybe not so much Tinder, but dating apps in general have been so fun. I just love meeting new people in general and it’s so interesting to see the types of guys on these things. Plus messing around with different pick up lines to see what responses I can get are all too funny as well.
17. Spend your PTO days however the heck you want. No need to take days off to do things that you really don’t want to do, but your S.O. does.
18. You can move wherever you want. When you’re single, you have no one or nothing holding you to a specific area. Now’s the time to move to that new city you’ve always dreamed about. Or to take that dream job across the country. Do it for you.
19. No need to worry about always being “on” just to impress someone. Remember those early months that you acted like the “cool girl” only to realize later on that the relationship went in a direction you really didn’t like? Well now’s the time to start over and just be yourself. I’ve gotten to the point where I’m so comfortable with who I am that when I meet a new guy, I don’t act like anything but my truest self. I want to be with someone who likes me for me. And I want someone that makes me feel comfortable enough to let my guard down to act silly and funny.
20. Putting your phone on “Do Not Disturb” because you don’t have to check in with anyone. Sometimes my favorite moments now are when I take my apple watch off and complete disconnect from everything. It’s so relaxing not having to worry about someone texting/calling you back.
Don’t forget the jams! 😜
And what’s a blog post about the best things about being single without a Spotify playlist for all the single ladies?! I’m super excited about this playlist because I added a TON of awesome songs. And I even stumbled across ones that I used to love!