Guys, can I just get an AMEN for fall weather?!? I’m sooo excited at fall is right around the corner and all the fall festivities will soon commence! (: What better way to ring in the fall season than with a list of fall date ideas? Last winter, I created a list of inexpensive date ideas and I thought it would be fun to create a list completely centered around the fall time.
Planning a date night can be dreaded for multiple reasons: you either don’t know what to plan, or you’re afraid that your S.O. will hate your idea. So, as your stand-in big sister/twin sister/ best friend, I’m here to help get your creative juices flowing.
If you live in an area that has decently warm fall weather, you might be interested in checking out these 30 cheap and fun summer date ideas!
1. Go to a football game // Whether it be a city or school team that you both love, you’re bound to have a great time! Bonus points for setting up tailgating before hand!
2. Hit up the apple orchard // I love going to pick out my own apples and making homemade apple crisp with Cory–so yummy!
3. Go on a bike ride // Plan to bike in a park or on a scenic route to catch the leaves changing colors. With the weather cooling down, you won’t have to worry about sweating and ruining your makeup.
4. Spend a day making your Halloween costumes together // Go on Pinterest, hit up your local craft store, and get crafting! Cory and I were just invited to a Halloween party so we’re on the hunt for some amazing couple costume ideas!
5. Go on a brewery tour // Make sure to ask for the seasonal Fall brews!
6. Visit + hike at a Metropark // Try to go once a week to see the leaves progressively change colors.
7. Scary movie night // If you are up for it (I will be sitting out on this one, thank you) press play on a new or classic scary movie. I’m not a huge fan of scary movies that are super realistic scary movies. Because, well if they seem like they could actually happen IRL, then I’ll NEVER be able to function! However, we recently saw Girl on a Train and a couple other more suspenseful movies and now I’m kinda hooked. Or binge-watch a scary Netflix series! Snuggling is encouraged. 😉
8. Carve pumpkins // C’mon, you can’t have a list of fall date ideas and not include pumpkins! C and I have done little competitions before to see who could carve the best pumpkin. And let’s be honest… I always won 😉
9. Cook a fall meal together // Create a meal using ingredients that are harvested in the fall, like squashes and apples! Cory and I are huge fans of anything with spaghetti squash.
10. Make your own fall decor // Scour Pinterest for crafts that would work in your place and create them! The dollar store is bound to have a lot of what you need for a bargain.
Related Post: Fall Centerpice
11. Visit + tour a historical site // Most historical buildings offer tours and events. I went to the Mansfield Reformatory here in Ohio and they offer ghost tours and a haunted house during the fall!
12. Starbucks coffee date for all their fall drinks // Both of you should order a different drink so you can share and sample each other’s. My new fave is getting Pumpkin Spice in their Chai tea latte! You must try – it’s the perfect blend of fall spices 😍
13. Go geocaching // I’ve always wanted to try this with Cory. Exploring and finding hidden gems is a great excuse to get outside with your S.O.
14. Make your own kettle corn // Kettle corn is one of my absolute favorite snacks. Pop it over an open fire or on your stove with some kettle corn seasoning.
15. Start a workout routine together // The couple that works out together, stays together, right?! With winter a couple months away (sorry to remind everyone), getting into a routine now will only help you in the months to come. Get motivated by planning on an outside workout sesh to enjoy the crisp air.
16. Go to an outdoor concert // Outdoor concerts are one of my favorite things to do. I love packing a blanket and a picnic and enjoying some music at night.
17. Fly kites // On a windy day, hit up Target and grab an inexpensive kite and get it to fly together. It’s been so long since I’ve flown a kite, so I’m dying to do this one!
18. Go horseback riding // Is it just me, or does horseback riding just seem so romantic??
19. Go canoeing or kayaking // Sneak in some exercise while enjoying the scenery. I love getting the 2-seater kayaks so I can take breaks here and there (:
20. Hit up a flea market // Give each other a spending limit and see what awesome treasures you can leave with
21. Go zip lining // How fun would it be to zip line through all the pretty colors?!
22. Visit a sunflower field // Sunflower fields are so gorgeous, but they don’t last long! Visit a field and maybe even pack a picnic and hang out for the day.
23. Make a homemade fall staple dessert // Cory and I LOVE making apple crisp, so we’re all about that in the fall. But whatever kind of dessert you love, start that as a traditional and continue making them each year for fall.
24. Go to a candle store and pick out your fave fall scent // I’m such a sucker for all the Bath and Body Works candles because they always smell so amazingly awesome. My fave fall candles are Leaves and Autumn!!
25. Go through a corn maze // And who cares how many times you get lost?! More time alone together 😊
26. Visit the zoo // With the cooler weather, it’ll be much more enjoyable to walk around outside all day!
27. Make apple cider // Whether it’s from a pouch or you make it homemade, doesn’t matter! I’m all about the spiced cider in the fall.
28. Visit a fall festival // So many places near me are having fall festivals that are free to get in. While some of the attractions cost money, it’s still fun to walk around and maybe grab something fall-related to eat.
29. Cook chili // Chili is one my fave foods for fall and winter and an absolute staple quick meal. Find a new recipe and try it out so you can make it all fall and winter long.
30. Go to a state or local fair // We always have a county fair in the fall and its a good time walking around and looking at all the animals and eating from food trucks. The food trucks may actually be the main reason I go… Oh, and the massive bags of cotton candy 🙂
Want to keep this list of fall date ideas on hand?? Pin this list on Pinterest so you always have it!
What kind of adventures do you have planned for the fall?! Comment below if you have other fun fall date ideas. I’m getting so excited for sweater weather and bonfires!