This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeItAMovieNight #CollectiveBias
I love getting dressed up and going out to a fancy dinner just as much as the next girl, but you know what? Sometimes dressing down in comfortable clothes and having an awesome date night in with my boyfriend is so much more special and not to mention, fun.
I would much rather have a date night in and watch a movie at home because I am a crazy movie watcher that gets super into the movies and goes insane when something bad happens. Even Cory gets annoyed at me sometimes for freaking out during intense/ high anxiety parts of a film. I also really love talking (you don’t say…) so knowing that I can talk and say whatever I want without interrupting anyone else (besides my boyfriend) is a great perk.
Not only do I love having a date night in for the fact that I can act however I want, but it is also such an inexpensive option! I have been a huge fan of no-spend months, so this is such a perfect way to minimally spend money and still have a blast.
Get a great movie // I am an avid chick flick and romantic comedy fan, so that is usually what I try to get my boyfriend to watch with me. However, sometimes I decide to be a good girlfriend and choose a movie that I know he will love, like War Room, which we planned to watch on our last date night. If the weather is nice outside, you can always take your date out on the lawn at night or just make your space in the living room if outside doesn’t work out.
Grab a comfy blanket // Seriously… how can you watch a movie without a huge, plush blanket??
Have yummy snacks on hand // No matter how full I am at the time of watching a movie, I still feel the need to munch on something. There are several snack that we usually have on hand when watching a movie: Orville Redenbacher popcorn, Milk Chocolate and Peanut M&M’S® Chocolate Candies , Coke Zero, and Puppy Chow with M&M’S® Chocolate Candies.
You can find these products at your local Walmart store! The M&M’S® Chocolate Candies are specially located in the checkout aisles, so keep an eye out for them!!
The Puppy Chow is seriously amazing! Here’s the recipe for you to make it for your next date night in!
- 1 box (12 oz) square cereal (any flavor you desire)
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk Chocolate M&M’S® Chocolate Candies
- 1/2 cup Peanut M&M’S® Chocolate Candies
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, pour cereal into large mixing bowl
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt butter.
- 3. Add chocolate and peanut butter to saucepan and stir frequently until consistency is smooth
- 4. Remove saucepan from heat and add vanilla
- 5. Pour melted ingredients over cereal and lightly stir until all cereal is coated.
- 6. Separate the mix into 2 and pour into 2 gallon resealable plastic bags
- 7. Add approx. 3/4 cup powdered sugar to each bag and shake until there is an even coat over cereal. I wanted my mix to be more coated in sugar so it was all white, so I added more to taste.
- 8. Cover cookie sheet with wax paper and pour mix onto it.
- 9. Let cool for about 1 hour
- 10. Add Milk Chocolate and Peanut M&M’S® Chocolate Candies
- 11. Store in an airtight container
I also have a special VUDU offer to share with you guys!:
- When you buy all 4 participating products (Orville Redenbacher popcorn, Milk Chocolate and Peanut M&M’S® Chocolate Candies , Coca-Cola 6-pack, 1/2-liter) in one transaction at Walmart between 12/22/15 and 2/2/16 you become eligable
- Take a picture of your receipt and visit uploadreceipt.com/movienight to submit your receipt by 2/9/16 (I would take a picture of this URL now so I could remember it later)
- You will then get a $10 Vudu movie code* by email
- *While supplies last. Limit 1 per person.