At one point in all of our lives we had some sort of bucket list. Now, whether we actually ever completed that bucket list is a whole different question. We might have wrote down all these exciting things to do or places to go, and that’s it. No pursuit involved. Nothing accomplished.
Instead of creating a bucket list, I have decided to finally make my impossible list. I first saw the concept on the College Info Geek website and thought it was such a fun and different idea! He got the concept from Joel Runyon, who created the first Impossible List and started this whole trend! Below is his definition of how an Impossible List is different from a bucket list:
A bucket list is static, the impossible list evolves.
A bucket list is a set list of things you want to do. It never changes…mostly because you never do anything. The impossible list is different. It’s changing, not only because you’re busy actually doing things, but because you’re busy adding things as well.
So, to start this off, I will create a couple categories with some goals.
Run a 5KCompleted April 2013
- Run a 10K
Do a Color RunCompleted April 2013
- Workout at least 3x per week
- Do a handstand
- Limit my candy intake (I have been doing pretty well. As long as I don’t buy it, I won’t feel the urge to eat the whole bag in one sitting)
- Drink more water
Reach 100 views in one dayApril 15, 2015
- Reach 500 views in one day
- Receive 100 email subscribers
- Post at least 3x per week (Currently I aim for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday)
Guest post on another blogMay 2015 View here
- Reach 500 Facebook likes on the Blissful Gal page (would you like to help me?? (: )
- Work on and improve my photography
Learn how to fishSummer 2014
- Catch a Fish Ohio (Walleye)
- Learn to Ballroom Dance
- Get Scuba certified
- Visit Australia
- Travel across Europe
Go ParasailingSummer 2011 (Destin, FL)
- Wake up early more often to see more sunrises (The image above was actually taken by Cory last weekend when we were at Lake Erie!)
As time goes on, I will definitely be editing and adding to this list, so I will make a special page on this blog for it! I really hope this inspires you to create an Impossible List of your own! If you do, please please please send me a link to it!! I love reading about what people are aiming to pursue!