There’s something about warm summer nights that put me in the oh-so romantic mood. Anyone else? Even that cliche long walk on a beach (or lake in my case) sounds like a perfect time. But when it comes to actually planning a fun date night, how does a girl decide without breaking the bank? It seems nowadays literally everything costs money. Well guess what? There are so many cheap summer date night ideas out there!
*Affiliate links are included in this post to allow free content to continuously be posted for you 🙂
I’m always down for something adventurous and trying new things. However, I have put myself on an insanely tight budget so now I’m forced to get creative. This list of affordable summer dates will help you keep the romance alive alllll summer long 😉
1. Have a cookout in your backyard
2. Movie night // Curl up on the couch on a rainy night. Or grab a blanket and laptop and head under the stars.
4. Visit a local farmer’s market // Buy all the fresh food you like and cook it for dinner.
5. Go for a bike ride
6. Go fishingSING IT: 'cause love don't cost a thing...and date nights don't have to cost much either! Click To Tweet
7. Watch airplanes take off near your local airport // This has been added to my bucket list. I live pretty close to an airport, so I see planes coming in, but never super close!
8. Make a living room fort and s’mores in the oven
9. Check out open house showings // It’s so fun to check out different homes and imagine your future house together.
10. Go geocaching // This is another one on my bucket list for the summer! So many people have told me how fun it is.
11. Go on a hike // Don’t know where a park is at near you?!? I found two sites for ya. 🙂 AllTrails allows you to search for parks specifically for hiking, camping, and a variety of trails. You can also go to the U.S. National Park Service and they’ll give you parks near your area as well. This could be used as a secondary site simply because they really don’t list alllll the parks and trails you could hit up.
12. Go to an amateur baseball game // Bonus if it’s Dollar Dog night! Find a minor league game near you–Some tickets are as low as $5.
13. Spend the afternoon put putting
14. Coffee date // You don’t always need to hit up Starbs. Brew some coffee or tea and chill out on the patio.
15. Play with sidewalk chalk // I was walking through the store yesterday and saw so many cute designs of sidewalk chalk. Ummm where was this when I was young!
16. Sign up for a color run // I’ve done one before and it was so fun! My friend had signed up to volunteer to be one of the people who colored the runners. I’m pretty sure she actually got more color on her…so I might consider doing that next time.
17. Homemade brunch // Top it off with mimosas or screwdrivers!
18. Go berry picking // I live near train tracks and there are always tons of raspberries to pick.
19. Canoeing and kayaking // My local state parks allow you to rent kayaks for less than $10, which was perfect for an afternoon. And a decent workout too 😉
20. Go horseback riding
21. Go camping // Even just setting up a tent in your backyard would be fun!
22. Road trip // When I was in high school my friend and I would take little road trips. We figured out how far we would drive by each picking a number and putting them together. And that’s how many minutes we would drive for. So if I picked 4 and he picked 8, we would drive 48 minutes. Even if we ended up in the smallest, rinky-dink town it was fun to explore!
23. Watch the sunset
24. Or wake up early for the sunrise // I’m such an early bird, so sunrises are my jam!
25. Visit a local festival // If it’s a city festival, there’s a really good chance it’ll be free to get in. Fair food is always my favorite (fried Oreos…omg I die everytime). But if you want to save a little cash, eat dinner before you go and just grab some dessert there.
26. Open mic night at your local cafe
27. Visit your local winery // Some local wineries allow you to take a picnic of our own, buy some of their wine, and have a picnic on their property. I love this idea because you still get to enjoy the area, but don’t have to spend an arm and a leg eating out.
28. Hit up your local drive-in // I have a post about all you need to know for making your drive-in movie date!
29. Go tubing in your local river or lake // These adorable rafts would be perfect!
30. Take advantage of cash back with ebates // Okay so I know you can use ebates to buy practically anything, but I on the site, you can score up to 10% cash back on restaurants.com. And through restaurants.com there’s an offer to pay $10 for a $25 gift card…um need I say more?? I actually added the ebates Chrome extension so it always notifies me when there’s more money to be made (fo’ FREE). When you sign up for ebates through this link you can score a $10 gift card!
Like this post? Save it to Pinterest so you can have instant access to this list. Especially handy when it’s your night to pick the date and ya got no ideas. 😉