This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ByeByeBlisters #CollectiveBias
I am extremely excited because next week I will be attending the Society of Women Engineers Conference in Nashville! I have attended once before in Baltimore, Maryland and could not get enough of it! There is just an immense amount of learning that is possible, from information on companies to what to look for in a job. If you ever have the chance to attend a business conference, I highly encourage you to take it!
As I am getting ready for my trip next week, I realize I have quit I bit that still needs checked off my to-do list. One of the most important tasks is figuring out what to pack for a business conference. Luckily, I have attended the SWE Conference before, so I am a tad more knowledgeable than the last go-around. No matter which career-based conference you attend, these essentials are for everyone.
1. Comfortable Flats
I learned this lesson the hard way at my first conference. I did not realize how much walking I would actually do, so I wore heels from sun-up to sun-down on the first full day. Not only was I extremely tired from walking all day, but my feet did not like being up on heels all day.
Although you may have really fashionable heels that you want to show off, I know that it is best for you to wear flats, or at least shoes with really low heels
2. Enough business shirts for every day, plus one or two more
Being the klutz that I am, I know first-hand how beneficial it was to think ahead and pack a little extra. At conferences, there are usually meals which pose potential risks of spilling drinks or dropping food onto your clothes. Even if you don’t end up needing the extra items, I would rather be safe than sorry! I always seem to need something when I forget to pack it!
3. Neutral make-up
Whenever you are in a business setting, it is so important to look professional not only through your apparel, but also through your make-up. Sticking to neutral make-up with shades of brown on the eyes and a nude lip is key in order to truly make a great first impression. Why would a company want to talk to you professionally when your face is covered in a rainbow of colors?!
Pictured: Neutrogena Healthy Concealer 3 in 1 concealer for eyes // Maybelline Superstay Better Skin // COVERGIRL Professional Remarkable Mascara // COVERGIRL Eyeshadow Trio in Shimmering Sands
4. TONS of resumes
Print of a lot of resumes prior to leaving for your trip. There are tons of companies available to talk to, so having more than enough resumes to hand to potential companies! You will have access to computers and printers, however you will have to pay to print
5. A condensed version of your medicine cabinet
At conferences, I have found myself constantly being on the go, and with that comes the need for a personal medicine cabinet on me at all times. I always make sure I have:
- Some kind of pain relief for headaches (which tend to come on after spending the entire day talking)
- Eye drops ( my eyes tend to randomly get dry, so this is a must-have)
- Chapstick (my lips seem to always be chapped, so when I am going to be talking to people all day I want to make sure my lips aren’t cracking
- COMPEED® Blister Medium Cushions
- When you are walking around all day, there is a great chance that you will develop blisters. I love that I can place COMPEED® Blister Medium Cushions over my blisters to protect them from the constant rubbing of my shoes. I also really like that they are adhesive across the entire back, so they stay on all day.
You can get COMPEED® Blister Medium Cushions only at Walgreens, so before you head to your next conference, make sure you stop in to get them!
Because they are my skin color, it makes me feel comfortable wearing COMPEED® Blister Cushions Medium with flats and I don’t have to worry about people seeing it on my ankles.
Do you know what to pack for a business conference? What would you pack?!
Posts you might like:
- How to Style a Button-Up
- What to Wear to a Wedding
- Why I am glad I have a dog
- 10 Things I Believe
- Anxiety is Real – my experience
- 5 Blogging Facebook Groups to Join
- Why You Need Thick Skin as a Blogger
- Relaxing with Herbal Tea
- 10 Healthy Foods That Make You FAT
- Easy Ways to Relax
- Does Water Flush out Vitamins?
- 5 Reasons to Workout in the Morning
Follow along with me!